*** Come Join the Parade! ***
Tuesday, July 4th 2017
Work has begun on the 2017, July 4th Celebration! We already have groups signing up to be in the parade so get your thinking cap on and get your group together and start planning your entry in the Scott County, Georgetown 4th of July Parade and celebration. We need music in our parade so if you play an instrument or know of a marching band type group, let us know. We had a lot of feedback from people in the community wanting bands in the parade. What's a parade without marching bands anyway? Help us make this annual event bigger and better than ever. Contact us at the email address listed below.
|All groups throughout Scott County are welcome to join YOUR parade through downtown Georgetown and help us celebrate our great country on its birthday! Anyone can participate and there is absolutely NO entry fee. We are looking for Veterans, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Church Groups, Ladies groups, Men's groups, Car groups, Motorcycle groups, Bicycle clubs and lots and lots of children because parades seem to bring out the child in all of us.||
Start working on your float now. The Theme for this years Parade is: "Growing Up In America". All floats need to be decorated in typical Red, White and Blue.
Contact the Parade Committee by email: ScottCountyJuly4@gmail.com or call Parade Chairman, Tom Combs, at (859) 948-8183 after 5:00pm
Scott County Kiwanis
P.O.. Box 702
Georgetown, KY 40324
(Only "Parade Application" page needs to be returned.)
Be sure to come back and complete our on-line survey after the parade to let us know how we did.
1. All float entries should be built on a pick-up truck bed, farm wagon, flatbed truck or any other trailer deemed acceptable by the judges. The judged entry cannot be higher than 18 feet, measured upward from ground/street level. All floats must be completed prior to parade kickoff. Unfinished floats may be penalized. To be judged, a float entry must be 80% representational of the parade theme.
2. All parade entries will receive an order number prior to or on parade day. Order number must be displayed on entry where it is visible from right side of street. (Preferably on the right front/windshield.)
3. All floats must be on East College Street Staging location by 10:00 A.M. on parade day, for line-up and judging. The Judges will note any floats not ready by 10:30 AM. Please enter from Broadway, as College Street will be one-way for this event only.
4. All floats must be able to travel the entire parade route and may not, in any case, cause slowing or otherwise delay the parade movement. The entering party will be responsible for transporting the float to and from the parade in accordance with proper highway and safety codes.
5. Towing Vehicles should be decorated. Points will be deducted for undecorated towing vehicle.
6. There will be a First, Second and Third place award. Winners will receive a ribbon to be displayed on their float during the parade.
a) There will be 2-3 judges.
b) Judging will be based on four areas of emphasis:
1. Overall Appearance (25 Points Max)
2. Depiction of Parade Theme (25 Points Max)
3. Originality (25 Points Max)
4. Utilization of (Patriotic) Materials (25 Points Max)
c) At least one person must remain with entry at all times to answer questions from the judges.
d) Judging will occur prior to the start of the parade and awards should be displayed on the float during the parade for all to see.
e) All decisions by the judges are final.
8. The float competition will be held rain or shine.
Please share all respective information with all participants (and parents, where necessary). It is strongly suggested that groups use car pools to help alleviate traffic congestion.
Please complete our On-line survey after the parade to let us know how we did and give us feedback. www.Scott-County.kiwanisone.org
Thank you for participating.
Send all mailed Entry forms by June 27th to:
Kiwanis Club of Scott County
PO Box 702
Georgetown, KY 40324 or email to: ScottCountyJuly4@gmail.com
For information contact Parade Chairperson, Tom Combs at (859) 948-8183 after 5:00pm
There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons awarded to entries wishing to be included in the judging PRIOR to the start of the parade.
This years parade will begin promptly at 11:00Am on Monday, July 4th, 2016. Line up will be on College Street again this year but with a few changes which we hope will help smooth out the process.